question-icon

What does my urinalysis test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: My urinalysis shows morganella morganii as abnormal at 10,000 - 25,000 units per mL. My doctor didn't get back with me just sent this report. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert (12 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
More like contaminate

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You are concerned that your urinalysis showed Morganella morgani with a colony count of 10,00-25,000. The reason your doctor did not address this is that the colony count is not high enough to signify a bladder infection. This low count is usually seen with contamination of the sample. To be a true infection the colony count needs to be greater than 100,000. So at this time no treatment is required.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions.
Dr. Ronald Schubert