• question-icon

What does my urinalysis report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I have had two urinalysis recently and one showed a few wbc and the last showed large wbc and traced lysed of blood. I have been checked for all STDs, yeast, and UTI infections. It's extremely itch and now starting to smell fishy. The inside is in pain. What to do next?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI may be associated with fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts and reports that you have uploaded you seem to have UTI likely to be associated with fungal infection .

You have missed to do relevant tests .Get following basic tests done to establish diagnosis
1) Swab test and culture of a discharge from genitals
2) Urine culture and sensitivity test.
3) Blood sugar levels on empty stomach and two hours after lunch to rule out diabetes .
4) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis .

Take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report along with anti fungal medication like Fuconazole twice daily

Ensure to observe genital hygiene by cleaning genitals with microbial solution Betadine twice daily .

Ensure to avoid sexual intercourse till gets cured completely .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
There was a swab test and culture of discharge and they had tested for a UTI infection, didn't you look at the attached documents?
Brief Answer:
I can not see report of swab test of discharge and urine culture report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I could not find report of swab test to detect fungal infection the report no 5 is pertaining to Chlamydia and Gonorrhea infection . There is no urine culture and sensitivity report in 10 reports that you have uploaded .

Please mention report no that you have uploaded .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 21 hours later
i HAVE AT LEAST 10 MORE REPORTS TO UPLOAD AND IT'S NOT LETTING ME. sHOULD I DELETE THOSE 10 AND THEN UPLOAD THE OTHERS?All 18 reports I for tests I have gotten should be attached. Please let me know if the first answer still stands or it should be revised. The Dr.'s so far have said I don't have a UTI. If you think that is incorrect based off the reports please let me know. My OBGYN has not referred me to a Urologist yet but said it will most likely be the case. With that being said I trust your opinion being one. Please help, yesterday I started having diarrhea and severe abdominal pain as well, which may or may not be related.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Delete all previous reports and upload rest of the reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

UTI can be confirmed only on urine culture .If you have done it please upload the report as it very important to establish diagnosis of UTI.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 22 minutes later
From What I am reading there are two urine cultures in the attached reports, 11, 13, and 14.
Brief Answer:
Presence of Leukocytes,RbC and few bacteria suggest UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for uploading reports .Urine analysis revealed presence of Leukocytes and RBC together with few bacteria detected on culture suggest UTI .

Take treatment suggested in my earlier reply for a week .

It should work for you .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye and enjoy good health

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

With Regards
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist