What does my ultrasound test result indicate?

Posted on Thu, 9 Jun 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi Doctor

I am 28 yrs old, trying for a baby from last one year. This cycle my treating doctor suggested me siphene 100 mg for five days from 3rd day of my periods and suggested for follicular study. On cycle day 8th, follicle growth was 10.6 mmX7.9mm, 11mmX8.8mm, 9.9MM X8.8M in Right ovary and 9.6 MM X 9.5 MM in Left ovary, Endometrium is 5mm. but when i repeated scan on 11th day there was no dominant follicle and endometrium was same and then on 13th day follicle is same but endometrium is 6.9 mm. please suggest why there is no growth in follicles and what further treatment i should take?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gonadotropin injections required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about slow growth of follicles.

You may not have constant increase in follicle size due to polycystic ovary or if you are overweight.

You need to take gonadotropin injections along with siphene from your doctor.

These injections help in increasing size of follicles and hence get a dominant follicle.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Hi Doctor

Thanks for your reply.

When should i take this injection? only one injection is sufficient or i have to take multiple.

Do i need to make any lifestyle changes also?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lose weight if overweight

Detailed Answer:

You can take injection today and repeat it again if needed.

Lose weight if you are overweight.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist