What does my ultrasound scan test report indicate?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi sir, My wife is pregnant with a gestation age of 26weeks 3days. During our ultrascan it was found that the fetal lateral ventricle width is 7.5mm. I would like to know if it is abnormal and also i would like to know that whether the lateral ventricle width increases or stays constant with gestation age.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Would you please upload the ultrasound scan report?
I would like to look at it first before guiding you further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
Hi madam,

Reports were already attached. Can you please go through them. I have attached the Tiffa scan and the ultra scan reports.
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
The fetal lateral ventricle width is abnormal only if it is more than 10 mm.
So 7.5 mm is a normal measurement.
Please do not worry about it.
And, the lateral ventricle remains same or decreases as gestation advances, it does not increase.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 days later
Thank you very much madam. I am happy to hear this from you. It gave us a lot of confidence. Do we need to go for any other scans madam? Is MRI scan required and is safe for pregnant women?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
I do not think you need to go for any other scans.
Just get routine ultrasounds done during the course of your pregnancy as and when your gynecologist recommends.
MRI scan is quite safe for pregnant women, but there is no need at all to get it done in your case.