• question-icon

What does my ultrasound scan test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi

My name is Pooja. I have been married for 1 year and had been facing problems related to irregular menstrual cycles ever since I took emergency contraceptive pill. I took the last pill like 7 months ago and as advised by doctor in past I had to take hormone medicines. Everything has been fine since than except that I put on some weight. I've only used condoms since then however recently I've started bleeding profusely in the latest cycle which came after a delay of almost a month. It's been almost 15 days now and I am still bleeding profusely. After consultation with a nearby lady doctor. I've been taking tab tranostat and injection as well. it stops bleeding for some time with the effect of injection however it starts as soon as the effect of injection is over.

I am hearby attaching the recent ultrasound report. Request you to please check and advise if it's best to go for a D & C , hormone medicine or continue with current prescription as per the attached prescription.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
D & C advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
I have reviewed your ultrasound and prescription papers.
I will suggest you to undergo D & C , as the uterine contents are 20 mm, and it is unlikely to get corrected by medical treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine