What does my ultrasound scan test report indicate?
the right kidney is 9.8cm*4.0 cm in length and thickness and shows normal parenchymal echoes and mildly dilated collecting system
and ureter with a 5.4 * 3.8 mm calculus in lower ureter approximately 1cm from VU junction with mucosal edema
the left kidney is 9.8 cm * 4.7 cm in length and thickness and shows normal parenchymal and collecting system echoes with preserved corticomdedullary differentiation and calculi
of about 6mm in upper and 3-4 mm , 6mm in mid calyces.
please suggest me a treatement
Treatment will be directed towards right sided stone first.
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i will advise you to try conservative treatment first.
You must understand your scan report first.
The right kidney is blocked partially, by a stone in the tube draining urine, from kidney to bladder.
The left kidney has several stones inside it,but, don't affect the kidney in any way.
Now the stone in the tube causing block of right kidney needs priority treatment.
The right sided stone may cause, pain and vomitting, due to the block.
1. Drink 12-15 glasses fluids daily.
2. Take tablets or syrup of potassium magnesium citrate, twice daily.
3. Take Alfuzocin tablets once daily at bedtime.
Both the above help in dissolution of stones and to expel the stone.
If the pain is unbearable, opt for endoscopic Lithotripsy, which's a routine procedure.
Hope your doubts are cleared.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report