What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Question
I have a liver question... I recently had an ultrasound at a walk in clinic for stomach pain that turned out to be me being lactose intolerant.... but it did find that i have a slightly enlarged liver from a fatty liver... Now i have notived my bowel movements are an irregular colour, bright yellow. Should I go see my family doctor?
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May need viral serologies and fasting lipid profile

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it doesn't seem to be an urgent concern but keeping an eye on liver functions tests and may need to repeat three monthly with a fat free diet and avoiding alcohol.

Bright color stool isn't usually from a liver cause but if stool frequency is more than usual or associated with cramps or any other symptoms like fever etc get a gastroenterologist review and stool analysis done.

If any signs of infection appear may need probiotics or even antibiotics. Repeating ultrasound liver to keep an eye on any signs of cirrhosis or liver damage is important as well. Drink adequate amount of water and avoid junk, spicy, heavy meals.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards