What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 3 Mar 2018 in Genetics
Question: Hi doctor, I'm a chinese pregnant mum. My ultrasound at 36 weeks indicates that my baby's femur is only 57mm(7 weeks behind), humerous is 52mm, head circumference is 309mm, and biparietal diameter is 90mm. The data at 34 weeks is: femur 53mm, humerus 47mm, hc 291mm and bd 84mm. I did the test of amnio and ds, the results are both negative. Should I concerne about ds or dwarfism?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The concern of dwarfism is there

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Yes, there is concern about dwarfism but at this stage there is hardly anything that can be done. Let us wait and keep our fingers crossed. Let us hope for the things to turn out fine.

The mentioned details do not indicate a higher possibility of Down syndrome.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 22 hours later
Thank you Dr.
But how do you evaluate the possibility of a dwarlfism? high or low?
and what indices should we observe very carefully? hl/bpd? or hl/foot length?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need not evaluate the possibility at the moment

Detailed Answer:
It is already 36 weeks. I would insist you to wait for the child to be born. Detection can be done thereafter based on the relative proportions of body parts as in case of bpd.
The risk is elevated in your case.
No specific observation suggestion at the moment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad