• question-icon

What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My son has bin treated for atomic issues.had ultra sounds now upper gi. He stad home to day he felt so bad.
Just took him to his doc.sent him home with Prilosec .the kid it shivering ,talking to him self now.im very concerned.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

I am concerned by the symptoms of fever, stiff neck, change in mental state, and shivering that you described. Upper gastrointestinal issues, such as heart burn would not cause these symptoms. Something else, or in addition is going on. I would like you to take him to the ER for evaluation of the stiff neck and fever. He may have an infection which needs to be assessed in person. Meningitis should be ruled out. They should definitely take a blood sample for a complete blood count, and if he has a high fever, possibly also blood cultures. Depending on the exam, other tastes may be needed to.

So please do take him in now.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
I just fond. Out he's on Methadone once a day,and also Prozac .i had no idear.
He's a little better now.i read on line that methadone and either Prozac and Ativan can cause this type of symptoms .i assume this is all ready paid for if not then please donot answer back. .
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thoughts on this

Detailed Answer:
As long as he is getting better then ok, but otherwise make sure he is seen because the symptoms you were describing were severe and concerning.

I don't know much about the paying end of things on this site, but I believe you get to write 3 times in the same question. I think if you write a 4th time then you are charged extra.

Best regards,
Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, MD
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh