• question-icon

What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: am 49 years old . I did my urine dr I found infection . then I go for urine culture I found e coli then I did course of antibiotics( s ) after one week I found again e coli then doctor advise me to do co amoxiclav for fourteen days then I did test after course .report was ok . then after week again i start urine again in 2 2 minutes. then I did urine dr test i found urine infection then doctor ask me to do in course for 5 days of amikun. now report are fine .mean time I did test of following.
1ultrasound of bladder and kidney normal
2 urine flow test is normal
3pre and post residual is 57ml
4 test of prostate antigen is normal
5 prostate ultrasound is 23 mildly large
now I am taking medicen (doxazosin mesylate ) nitrofurantoin 100 mg genurin forte."still I fell littel urine in penis after urination. no burning no pain .pls help why if their is no onfection.i can sleep well no urination in 6 7 hours sleep
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest doing urine and prostatic fluid culture.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!

I need to clarify what you are feeling with your urination? "then after week again i start urine again in 2 2 minutes" - Do you mean you urinate every 2 minutes?
What do you mean about I feel little urine in penis after urination?

I suggest doing a urine culture and culture of prostatic fluid because you might have prostatitis (infection of the prostate). Cultures are the gold standard to determine if you have infection or not.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 5 hours later
I already did urine culture and the report is no growth . my problem I feel littel urine left after urination in my penis.
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let the swelling in the penis subside.

Detailed Answer:
There might be a little more swelling in the penis because if the previous infection. Let your body heal 2-3 weeks and continue doxasozin. Drink plenty of water.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist