What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and at my last quick ultrasound my doctor said that I might have a fibroid but he didn't go into details since in a couple of weeks I will have my first trimester screening.
i got a private ultrasound done and I was wondering you could see any fibroids in the picture.
In my 6 weeks and 9 weeks ultrasound I wasn't diagnosed with any fibroid so this leaves me a little confused.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please send the pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting us with your health concerns
Generally there is nothing to worry about the small fibroids in uterus
Though fibroids do grow during pregnancy but still not much of a problem except in about 5-7% of cases with big fibroids
I have seen the attached pictures and glad to inform you that there is no evidence of fibroids.
The ones present before must have been really small so generally harmless
Dr Manisha Jain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T