What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Fibroids are not vascular
Thanks for your query.
Fibroids are usually not vascular. It may be a retained part of placenta. The MRI should be able to diagnose it correctly. If looking like retained placenta, then D and C can be done. Don't think it will necessitate hysterectomy.
Another thing that should be ruled out is gestational trophoblastic neoplasia, which is basically a cancer arising from the placental tissue. To rule this out, serum beta HCG should be performed serially. It should come down progressively. If plateauing or increasing, it may be cancerous.
Hope this helps.
You suggest a serum beta HCG should be performed serially to rule out whether or not the spot is a cancer arising from the placental tissue. I know what HCG is but I do not understand what you mean by serially.
If attached to uterus it can be vascular
By serially I mean that if abnormal, it has to be repeated every 1-2 weekly till it becomes normal. If it remains high then gestational trophoblastic neoplasia can be there.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?