What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I just got ultrasound back said I have a Mildly Heterogeneous and Hypoechoic and measuring 2.4x2.5x1.4cm there are no internal calcification there is a mild color Doppler vascularity what does this mean
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It appears to be a tumour like area, further investigations are required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

It means that there is an area which is slightly smaller than a 50 cents coin in the region of concern. There is mild blood supply to the area and on the picture is has a slight mixed dark appearance. There are no calcium deposits in the area.

It is important to know where is this abnormal area since you have not mentioned the part scanned.

So depending on the area of scan it is likely a nodular soft tissue mass with a blood supply to it. It is possible that the area is a tumor. However further characterization requires detailed investigations.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy