What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: HELLO SIR MY WIFE IS 5W 3D PREGNANT WE GONE FOR ULTRASOUND AND DETAILS ARE FOLLOWING
UTERAS IS GRAVID WITH SINGLE SMALL IRREGULAR GESTATIONAL SAC
YOLK SAC SHADOW NOT SEEN
FOETAL ECHO NOT PRESENT
MSD 6.8

CERVICAL LENGTH - ADEQUATE
INTERNAL OS IS CLOSED
IS ANYTHING TO WORRY
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Wait and continue with the treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the reports. At 5 weeks 03 days, it can be possible that a fetal heart is not visualized. It is best to continue with the treatment provided and then get a repeat ultrasound done after 10 days to check for the fetal cardiac activity and yolk sac.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
THANK YOU MAM FOR YOUR REVIEW MAM I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINION MY DOCTOR SAID ME THAT BABY SIZE IS NOT NORMAL IS THERE IS ANY PROBLEM REGARDING THIS SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING AGAIN
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Baby is smaller by one week.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The baby size is smaller by 7 -10 days if compared with LMP. This can be a normal variation also. Only a repeat scan can confirm if the baby is growing or not. Right now it is best to continue with the treatment and then do a repeat scan after 10 days or 2 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 hours later
sorry to interrupting you again mam
mam my wife bleeds when she wake up not much but little bit , i am worry please guide me ,i consult with my doctor she said if she will bleed like this 2 weeks there would be chance of miscarriage and she advised complete bed rest mam i know i am interrupting you again but please help me what to do
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of miscarriage are present.

Detailed Answer:
Having a recurrent bleeding is not a good sign. It can cause miscarriage. She needs an absolute bed rest and proper medicines to stop the bleeding. A repeat ultrasound scan will find out if the baby is growing or not.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad