What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
yes and no...
fatty liver is a very common disorder which usually accompanies one (or more) of the following three conditions:
- significant alcohol consumption
- being overweight or obese
- diabetes mellitus
Fatty liver by itself is not very harmful, although elevations of liver enzymes will probably be noted. The real danger is in its progression to hepatitis and/or cirrhosis. Thankfully not every patient will progress to such complications but some will. Loosing the extra weight, cutting back on alcohol and managing diabetes is the only treatment for fatty liver.
I hope it helps!
Some cases of fatty liver may be accompanied by pain which is usually located on the right upper part of the abdomen. Commonly it's asymptomatic. More investigation is required. Blood tests might provide help. Complete blood count, C-reactive protein and liver function tests will be helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report