What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I had an ultra sound and it showed a 2.7 cm x .5 cm x .8 enlarged heterogeneous hypoechoic cervical lymph node. I can feel the lymph node and another hospital performs a CT scan and finds no anomolies. How can there be a difference in opinion and what I feel? What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can ask for CT review.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

CT is the investigation of choice in your condition.
There is no enlarged lymph node in the area of palpable nodule.You may ask for CT review,correlate with clinical and ultrasound findings.CT scans large area and small lymph node may be missed if it is not given proper attention.
I don't think there is any major finding.Still there are chances of missing small lymph node,it can be confirmed by review.
If CT scan findings are same even after review then there is no need to be worried.CT is confirmatory.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist