What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Right lobe: 5.3 x 1.7 x 1.8cm. Hetergenous Echo pattern
Mid pole of 1.4 x 1.3 x 1.0 solid nodule with mild increase echogenicity otherwise isoechoic pattrrn.
Left lobe: 4.8 x 2.0 x 1.9 cm
Mid pole 1.7 x 1.6 x 1.4 cm with some cystic area but predominately solid with mixed echogenicity.
Isthmus 4mm with no focal mass
All labs are normal
Your ultrasound scan shows one nodule each in both lobes of thyroid. The solid nodule surely need a needle test (FNA). The other nodule is cystic but has solid components in it. So even that need a FNA . Any nodules more than 1 cm in size need a needle test to exclude cancer. But having said this, thyroid cancer is rare and the chances are only 1 to 5% if you hat have a nodule. But srely need FNA to rule out this.
Need a more descriptive scan report
Not to worry. As I said earlier, the chances of malignancy is very rare. The ultrasound pattern which you described is insufficient to comment further. We need more descriptive ultrasound report. Need to know the doppler scan pattern, the borders of nodules, any halo present around the nodule, any lymphadenopathy etc to comment further. Could you attach a copy if the ultrasound scan?
No to worry about
Oh no. I do many ultrasound scans and FNA in my office. Hardly any report comes back as malignant. The vast majority are benign. The needle test is very simple and takes hardly few minutes. You don't have to worry at all. Thyroid malignancies are very rare. And even if it is malignant, it is easily treatable and in vast majority of cases, it is completely curable. Stay relaxed.
My pleasure. As you said,the itchiness could be just because of anxiety itself. But if there are any external skin lesions, you may need medications for itching. Otherwise not to worry.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report