What does my triple marker test report indicate?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi i got triple marker test report today, Please tell me the risk of down syndrome to my baby according to this reports, Please tell me that reports are normal or not? what should i do? i have attached reports with it
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
amniocentesis advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. It is a high risk pregnancy for trisomy 21, iwas it a spontaneous pregnancy or if induces.please reply.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 26 minutes later
I m just 26 year old female , Why my trisomy 21 is above cut off? what further testing should i do?

Yes this is spontanoeous pregnancy , why it is above cut off for trisomy 21, i m just 26 year old female
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
can be sporadic mutation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear. I understand your concerns very well .

Trisomy 21 is a sporadic mutation and can occur at any age, Although chances are increased after 30 years of age. It is more common in patients treated for infertility than spontaneous conception. It is mandatory in your case to undergo amniocentesis which is a very safe procedure under experienced hands.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
does amniocentesis tell accurate result?
When will i get reports for it?
Does FISH technique procedure in amniocentesis tell whether my baby has down syndrome or not?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Confirmatory test

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, sorry for the delay in response
Yes FISH test is very specific and will tell you exactly if Down syndrome is present or not.
You will get the report in 5-7 days most likely but depends on the lab so ask the lab for the report delivery date.
The risk seems high by the report but seeing your age I expect FISH result to be normal
Wish you all the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D