What does my transvaginal ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 31 Jan 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello. I have a 25-26 day cycle and is very regular. Started planning for pregnancy just a couple of months ago. I consulted doc for the midcycle cramping. After transvaginal ultrasound, she confirmed it was ovulation cramping and I am normal. She said I hold chances to conceive this cycle and prescribed duphaston 10 mg one per day for 20 days. I have skipped my period by 3 days and did a home pregnancy test which was showing negative. But I feel symptoms like dry mouth, mild cramping (not like period cramp) and lightheadedness. I am still on Duphaston. Can I do a blood test again and see? Is the medicine only delaying my period? Please advise
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Periods delayed due to duphastone most likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Periods can be delayed either by duphastone or due to pregnancy.
If the urine pregnancy test is negative, then the pregnancy is ruled out.
I will suggest you to stop the duphastone tablet.
The periods are likely to occur within one week of stopping the tablet.
If the periods are not there even after a week, then repeat the urine pregnancy test.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 20 hours later
Thank you, Doctor for your inputs. I have stopped the tablet since last night. However, I am feeling symptoms like leg cramps, mild dizziness, mouth dryness and tiredness. These symptoms are new to me. And, are there chances that home test can be negative if done so early? I still have some hopes:)Update: Dr, I am seeing a pink discharge after I stopped the tablet. Is it period? Or withdrawal bleeding? Kindly advise if I can wait.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Side effects of duphastone tablet.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
leg cramps, mild dizziness, mouth dryness and tiredness are the side effects of duphastone tablet.
If the pink discharge has started, then these are the periods which have occurred due to stopping of duphastone.
Pregnancy is not likely.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine