What does my transvaginal ultrasound scan report indicate?
i saw gestational sac on 24th of dec.
i did yesterday transvaginal sac they saw gestational sac of 6weeks even though acc to my lmp it should be 8 weeks but we saw the sac without fetal pole. what are my chances with this pregnancy?
note that i dont have any bleeding or cramps
Possibility of blighted ovum
Hi, Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for the query.
I understand your concern.
According to your last menstrual period, beta HCG levels and transvaginal ultrasound findings, the possibilities are:
-Blighted ovum means development of gestational sac without fetal pole which can be considered as early pregnancy failure.
Blighted ovum may not always lead to cramps and bleeding and spontaneous evacuation.
-Wrong dates due to previous irregular periods etc.
So, if the gestational sac is regular and if your doctor suggests, you can wait for one more week and repeat the transvaginal ultrasound.
If fetal pole is not seen in next scan also you may need termination of pregnancy.
But if the gestational sac is irregular in present scan and your doctor suggests termination of pregnancy in view of blighted ovum, better to go for termination now.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does transvaginal ultrasound report mean
- What does my transvaginal ultrasound and ct scan report suggest
- What is a transvaginal ultrasound scan
- Transvaginal ultrasound for vaginal burning
- Red spots on transvaginal ultrasound scan
- What is the meaning of the transvaginal ultrasound result
- What is a red blotch on a transvaginal ultrasound mean
- What are the findings from the transvaginal ultrasound
- What does the finding of transvaginal ultrasound mean
- What does adnexa means in transvaginal ultrasound
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....