What does my thyroid test report indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My wife is 22 weeks pregnant and she is using 25mcg and 12.5 mcg Thyronorm dosage alternate day since 3 years. I have attached the report and I have seen that T4 is bit more than range ,but TSH is under control. Is there should be change in dosage ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to change the dosage.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the attached report. Her TSH is well within the limit. There is no need to worry regarding T4. TSH is more significant. There is no need to change the dosage.
Just repeat the tests after 2 months and keep an eye on these levels.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks Doctor !

I read from internet that TSH for pregnant women should be less than 2.5
Actually my wife is having 2.35 now. In future, if it exceeds 2.5 , dosage should be changed ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Depends on weeks of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The evaluation of TSH is also done according to the weeks of gestation. After 22 weeks, a TSH of upto 3 is also considered normal. It is best to consult your gynecologist next time in case the TSH values increase.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee