What does my thyroid test report indicate?
A TSH of 2.82 is considered normal in general. So the vast majority of individuals who have a TSH test result like that are extremely unlikely to have any thyroid problem.
However there are some rare conditions like pituitary or genetic conditions such as thyroid hormone resistance for example where the TSH may appear normal although there is still an abnormal medical situation.
So to be further sure that there is no thyroid problem at all, it is preferable to check for Free T4. This is also a blood test which can be done at any time of the day and does not require fasting.
That being said, typically the TSH alone being normal is sufficient to rule out a thyroid problem in most people.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thyroid testing done what does report suggest
- Thyroid tests suggest thyronormalcy what does this indicate
- What are the findings in my thyroid report
- What is thyroid antibody test
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- What is bioxy test thyroid
- What are the findings in my thyroid test report
- Tested for thyroid tsh is 127 what does this indicate
- What does this thyroid test report say
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports