What does my thyroid report indicate?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi Dr,

Can you please review my report...

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have reviewed the reports.
Actually we need history of the person including details of already on thyroid medications if any to give comment on the report.
However considering that the report is of a male / female (Not pregnant) and not on any medicine this report would be considered as normal.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 minutes later
Hi dr i am 21 male, i did these tests on being asked by a Endocrinologist, my history is like i have gained a lot of weight in last 2 years..when i first did my thyroid test my TSH was 0.01 and after a month i again did it it was the same but the T3 and T4 level were decreased and now which i have done shows few more changes ...so what is your view on the cortisol and lipid profile and also let me knw abt thyroid.

thnks
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM.
See if you get your thyroid tested 10 times you would get 10 different variations close to each other.
Your weight problem is not due to thyroid issues.
In your attached reports I can just see thyroid profile. There are no reports of Lipid Profile and Cortisol.
Stay Healthy.

Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 minutes later
Sorry dr i forgot upload it now i have done, please go through....but the endocrinologist said that my thyroid gland has swelling and it is decreasing day by day and in future i might get hypothyroid, so she asked me to do also these tests to know any other reason behind my weight gain.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Your lipid profile is normal. Just triglycerides are raised. I would advise you to start exercises regularly.
I don't find these reports to be the reason of your weight gain.
Serum cortisol levels I need to evaluate with your history and details of timings when sample was given.
Please mention that for a better answer.
Stay Healthy
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 15 hours later
I did all these tests at 09: AM in the morning while fasting..and also dr i was taking betnesol tab for almost 2 years for wheezing problem..later i came to know that betnesol is a steroid and it increases weight..so i stopped it from last month..before taking this medicine my weight was near to 88 to 92 Kgs but after taking it it has increased to 124 kgs now..as i said a endcorinologist professor from MS ramaih hospital in XXXXXXX told me that betnesol is the reason why i have gained a lot of weight so rapidly and also told that my thyroid gland has swelling in it which is decreasing and i may get into hypo thyroid in future, so dr the question is i dont have a lot of junk food daily or also weekly...ocassionally i take it in partys or i some functions..i eat as normal as the other slim person eats but dont knw why i have gained this much of weight.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Betensol is the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Betenesol is the culprit for your weight gain.
Now you need to gradually taper and stop it.
Consult your doctor for inhaler therapy for asthma.
For weight loss now you would have to work hard. You have to exercise regularly.
Consult the same doctor at Ramaiya Medical college. You may also consult Dr XXXXXXX there with my reference to him. He would help you in tapering the medicine and reducing weight
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 20 hours later
yes Dr will consult Dr Mala on Monday..i have stopped taking betnesol. can you please share some details of Dr XXXXXXX will consult him, only issue is my weight gain..i want some doctor who can personalize my condition and give me treatment. for wheezing as of now i am taking Asthalin inhaler.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
His name is Dr XXXXXXX Garg. He is persuing DM Endocrinology there. You can discuss your endocrinal issues with him.
For Asthma problem you need to consult a Physician or a Pulmonologist.
Stay Healthy.