What does my sonography test result indicate?
Amount of POD fluid should be co-related clinically.
Thanks for writing to us. I have reviewed your attached image.
1) The POD is a space between the uterus and rectum in females. It is an area where fluid gets collected in many inflammatory conditions of the abdomen and pelvis.
2) POD fluid on ultrasound scan can signify the probability of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). It occurs due to infection of pelvic organs - uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
3) However, small amount of fluid in POD is normal during ovulation. It is nothing significant in that period.
CONCLUSION: The amount of fluid in POD should be co-related with symptoms and problems of the patient.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Need some info.
Welcome back again. Let me know few things:
1) What was your last date of period?
2) Do you have regular or irregular cycle? Duration of cycle?
3) Did you involve in protected or unprotected sex? Any pill has taken?
Waiting for your earliest response for better suggestion. Give more details info.
My last period was 10th feb to 15th feb.
Regular cycle but some time delayed for 1week.
yes we had un protected sex.
Pill not yet taken.
Had I-Can test today morning is negative..
No chance of pregnancy.
Thanks for additional info.
1) Last week of period cycle is EXTREMELY SAFE and you have NO chance of pregnancy in this case. Your morning pregnancy test result is also NEGATIVE.
2) I suggest you to await for another 3-4 days to get your period naturally. Be stress free, take healthy diet, do light exercise and take sound sleep.
Hope, it helps for your information. Practice safe sex in future. Good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irregular periods regestrone sonography and thyroid tests
- What is bilateral pcod sonography
- What is the meaning of subchorionic bleed in sonography
- What sol mean sonography
- What are the treatments required after analyzing the sonography result
- What does pod mean in sonography
- What does the attached sonography report indicate
- What are the findings from the sonography
- What is the meaning of the sonography result
- Sonography test for ovulation