What does my sonography report indicate?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My sonography reports shows conclusion - cholelethiasis with mild changes of cholectitis and shows gallstomes of 2 mm and 2.8 mm and gallbladder sludge is noted i am having symptoms severe constipation for last 10 day's and lost weight around 6 to 7 kgs in and not having any desire to eat what can i do
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks fir choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and attached reports and i appreciate your concern.
Answer1-

Treatment of choice for cholelythiasis is laproscopic removal of gallbladder.
Gall bladder is connected to pancreas via common bile duct. The smaller is the stone more are the chances of it slipping into bile duct and reaching pancreas.If a stone reach pancreas it cause acute pancreatitis which is an emergency condition and mortality rate is also high.
Therefore conservative management should be used only in large stones(As they can't slip into bile duct).As your stones are small you should go for planned laprscopic removal of gall bladder.

Answer 2-
Loss of weight and constipation are not related to gall stones.
Our body is a complex system where every thing is interconnected.
For eg when you can't excrete then you can't eat.Your constioation is responsible for loss of your appetite.

Main causes of constipation are-
Deficit in anti-inflammatory foods combined with an over consumption of inflammatory food contributes to unhealthy blood vessel function throughout the body including anal area.
Low fiber diet
High in refined carbohydrate and animal products.
Diet low in essential fats e. G. Omega 3
Diet low in micro minerals including zinc & chromium
High alcohol consumption.
Obesity or overweight are responsible for constipation.

For initial relief take
Lactulose 10 mg laxative once daily before going to bed.
Consume high fiber foods as a part of high biber diet. Grain products: (6-11 servings of grain product in your diet is required daily) whole grain breads, whole wheat, whole grain mixed grain, cracked wheat, buns, muffins. Brown ricewhole wheat pasta or brown rice pastacereals made from whole grain oatmeal ground flax, wheat germ or wheat XXXXXXX in baked goods vegetables: (3-5 servings daily) dark green leafy vegetables contain heigest amounts of fiber e. G. Spinach, broccoli, green peas, green beans, turnip greens. Fruits: (2-3 serving of fruits) apples. Oranges, pears, peaches. Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries) dried fruits (dates, prunes apricots legumes, nuts and seeds
Black bean, green beans, peas, kidney bean, lentils, peanut, soy beanWalnuts, peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds
Take a probiotic like econorm twice daiky.
It helps to build up good flora of intestine hence improves digestion.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana