• question-icon

What does my semen analysis test result indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am xxx. its being trying for pregnancy for last 1 yr. but my wife did not get pregnant. Then we consulted gynaecologist she advised to go for seman analysis.
My sperm count is 3.5mil/ml (volume is 1ml) and motility is 30% and i have only one testies and that is also in small size. Hormones AMH, FSH are higher than normal range. I have taken the fertyl-m capsule and maxoza L for 25 days then after again gone for seman analysis. the sperm count came as <1mil/ml.
Is Fertyl-m, maxoza will decrease the sperm counts? And doctor is advised that go for IVF treatmnet only? is there no chance to get pregnant normally? Is there any other medicine to increase the sperm count and volume of sperm?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have problem of Oligospermia .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of what is called as low sperm count (Oligospermia ) meaning there by that your sperm count is very low as per WHO standards and required for normal effective fertilization result into pregnancy.

Since you have only one testicle and that too of a smaller in size it is most likely the cause of your Oligospermia .It is not due to any drug that you have consumed.

In view of the facts It is unlikely that your sperm count will increase by any means or medications .

In a given situation I would suggest you to consult qualified Infertility Specialist for assessment and explore possibility of pregnancy with the help of newly assisted reproductive techniques like IVF or ICSI.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist