What does my semen analysis test report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have attached my husband semen analysis report..
We are planning for baby since 2 yrs but no success...
Reports states motility is low and viscosity is high(>1hr)
How to improve viscosity and motility...
Now he is taking Miraqule 100mg tablet
He eats pumpkin seed, sunflower seed and sesame seed and planning to take aswagandha capsule.. is it OK to take??
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
He has infection and need to be treated

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,
Based on the report of Semen of your husband that you have posted I would state that the increases liquefaction time and viscosity of the semen are due to infection either in Seminal Vesicle or Prostate .

You need to get his Semen culture done to trace out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to .

Get the semen culture done and start taking appropriate antibiotic as per culture report ,He will need to take antibiotics at least for 4-6 weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T