What does my semen analysis test report indicate?

Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Men Sexual Problems
Question: Hi,
I've been married for 2 years and yet to become father, everything is normal with my Spouse and she has regeular periods average of 30 days. Most of the time during intercourse(Ovultion Days) i tend to release my cum early kind of pre mature ejaculation and try to penetrate deeply and ensure my semen released inside her Vaginga but after pull out the semen flows out, also kept a pillow under her agter intercourse still no any positive results. Hence would like to check about my results.

Below is my Semen Analysis result on Dec-2015, would like to know the opinion on the same

Specimen Test Name Result Units Normal Range / Method

CLINICAL PATHOLOGY

SEMEN ANALYSIS

SEMEN Colour Gray white

SEMEN Collection to Processing Time 30 minutes

SEMEN Total Volume 1.5 ml

SEMEN Liqufication Time 45 minutes

SEMEN Reaction Alkaline

SEMEN Total sperm count 40 Million/ml 60 - 150

SEMEN Actively motile 20 %

SEMEN Sluggish motile 10 %

SEMEN Non motile 70 %

SEMEN Normal Forms 50 %

SEMEN Pus cells 8 - 10 /hpf

SEMEN RBCs NIL /hpf

SEMEN Epithelial cells NIL /hpf

SEMEN Fructose Positive
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get culture sensitivity of semen

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The report shows asthenospermia It means poor motility . It can be the reason of infertility You have pus cells as well Please get a culture sensitivity of semen and take appropriate antibiotics Your wife should also be examined internally for infection so both of you should get treatment
You perform sex the way you desire , it is normal for semen to come out after sex . It makes no difference to chances of conception .
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 16 minutes later

I assume you reviewed the latest report attached and i was taking some tablets prescribed by the doctor Kupid Forte and BenQ-10. The last semen Analysis which I have taken is on Dec 2015, please review that and advise should I take other report now for further review and proceed according to that. If so can prescription can be provided for Semen Analysis.

Also earlier before taking the semen report i wasn't aware that, should take semen analysis only if not ejaculated in past three or five days.

Can you also give detail on what is PUS sells?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get a culture semen

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You don't need another semen analysis at the moment Pus cells indicate you have infection which usually comes from partner so it is important to get a culture and take appropriate medicines along with the partner
Dr Saatiish Jhun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 24 minutes later
Hi Saatiish,

Your suggestion is to consult a doctor for PUS cells treatment?

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Good luck

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Yes You are right
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa