• question-icon

What does my semen analysis test report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello there,

I would like to get feedback on the values of my HSA (Semen Analysis) report. I have got this report from a lab and would like to check if everything is fine in terms of sperm count and other values.
We are trying to conceive as a couple for which this test was recommended by the doctor.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your Semen Analysis report is near normal .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the report of your semen analysis that you have posted I would state that your semen parameters like count ,motility and morphology all are within normal range as compared to WHO standards.

However presence of 6-8 pus cells suggest infection of either Seminal Vesicle or Prostate .

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like combination od Sulphamethoxazole and Trimethoprin (Bactrim ) twice daily for 4-6 weeks .

Repeat your semen analysis after completion of course of antibiotics .(Six weeks)

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist