What does my semen analysis test report indicate?

Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: my semen valume 10 ml colour whitish alkaline 70million sperm count rapid progession 30 sluggish progession 30 non montile progession 40 normal forms 70 abnormal forms 30
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
more or less normal sperm analysis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.

I have gone through your reports and understand your concern.
According to the recent World Health Organisation or WHO parameters, your sperm analysis result is more or less normal. The volume, colour, progression and morphology all seem to fulfill the criteria. Only, considering your volume 10 ml and sperm count 70 million, its around 7 million/ml, which could have been 15million/ml to be matching the criteria. But on the other hand, 70 millions count is quite higher if compared to the minimum criteria of 20 million of total sperm count. Hence, I believe this is a normal report.
Now it comes up to your problem. Why did you do a sperm analysis? Are you having infertility? You can tell me further on this and I would be able to help you further.

Hope i have answered your question.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 1 hour later
my marriege since 6 months and my pus cell 10.15 in reports where is the problem what medicine should i take

from this report can i became father
Answered by Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
dont worry as of now; follow as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
6 months is not enough to define infertility. One has to be involved in planned unprotected sex for 1 year to be defined as infertile couple. So my advice is to plan your efforts keeping in mind your wife's safe period and proper calculation of your unprotected sex. For this, you can take help of an infertility specialist too.
As for the reports, increased pus cells should not be much of a worry and can be taken care of by antibiotics like levofloxacin or ciprofloxacin. Take lots of fluid orally too.

Wish you good health.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar