• question-icon

What does my semen analysis report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Good evening doctor
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, semen analysis is fine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your report. Count, motility and morphology is normal. Pus cells are more in number but culture report is normal.

I would suggest to take antibiotic like doxycycline 100mg twice a day for 10 days empirically. Talk to your doctor regarding this.

Also take some antioxidant and vitamin supplements for 3 months.

If your wife has no major issues and her periods are regular, you can try naturally for a pregnancy. Be in contact with your wife every 2 to 3 days after her periods stop. It will increase chance of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Khushboo Priya 26 minutes later
Dear Doc,
Thanks For your respone ,even i got sugar and my age 36 -sugar level today before break fast 170 and iam going trough medication and diet controll .Is any problem with that issue.
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi I think high sugar level can affect sexual function.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I think diabetes can lead to sexual dysfunction like ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. If you have no such problem, then there is no problem in conceiving. The chance of diabetes in your child will be higher as it is a genetic component.

Considering your age, it is fine for a pregnancy. I would suggest you to control your sugar levels as it is quite high and then you can opt for an ovulation induction with timed intercourse or an IUI. Discuss with your doctor regarding the options.

Hope it helps.
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist