Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
187 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does my semen analysis report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10119 Questions

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: Dear Sir,
Happy to meet you, I believe you solve my problem.
My problem: Sir! My pennies is 1.5 inch during flaccid state. And 2.5 inch in erect state.
I am 29 years old, and am bachelor. I am feeling afraid to marry due to small in length. Since every female will happy 4 inch.
Yesterday I met on Doctor in my area, and please find the report mentioned below:

Semen Analysis:
1)Physical Examination
==>Volume: 0.5 ml.
==>Colour : Pearly White.
==> Reaction: Alkaline.
==>Viscosity : Viscous Liquified with in 30 minutes.
2)Microscopic Examination:
==>Sperm Count: 62.5 millions/ ml.
==>Actively Motile: 60%.
==>Sluggishly Motile: 20%.
==>Non-Motile: 20%.
==>Morphology: 75%.

==>Both testis normal size & architecture.
==> No evidence of collection in scrotal sacs.
==>Mild epididymitis seen on left.
==>Evidence of dilated vascular channels on left.

==>Mild epididymitis on left with grade-2 varicocele.
Dear Sir! About mentioned details are my report, please tell me what is the problem? And please tell me solution for problem.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You neeed to consult qualified Urologist for evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and report of your Scanning and Semen analysis that you have posted it appears that you have doubt about the length and size of the penis being small to perform a enjoyable sex and to satisfy your female partner .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making precise comments on your problem.
1) What is your weight? Are you obese?
2) Have you measured length of your penis yourself in a standing position by standing in front of mirror? or it was measured by a qualified physician?
3) Do you get morning erection or while masturbating ?

Al the reports that you have uploaded are well within normal range and does not reveal any obvious pathology.

At the outset I would state that length of the penis in flaccid state has no significance at all .It is the the hardness of penis on erection that is important for sexual satisfaction of both the partners.

The length of vagina on arousal is capacious enough to accommodate penis of 4 inches in length and to have satisfactory sex to get orgasm.

In view of your all reports being normal I do no find any obvious reason to suspect you to have enjoyable sex . I would suggest you to consult qualified Sexologist for clinical assessment as regards the length and hardness of your penis after erection.

Please note that there are no medications that can increase the length of the penis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Dear Sir,
1)My height is 5.4 feet. And my weight is 68 KGS.
2)My self measure the length of pennies while i am in standing position.
3)I am getting erect during morning time musturbation.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified Sexologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

You need to consult qualified Sexologist for assessment as regards proper length and hardness of your penis on erection.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Dear Sir.
Please can suggest me a doctor, who belongs to telangana state in XXXXXXX Since I didn't know which doctor to choose.

Yours sincerely,
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have to find out from the list of the Doctors in XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .

You have to find out Sexologist from the list of Doctors in XXXXXXX .

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Epididymitis

doctor1 MD

hi, my son who is 10 years old has severe pain in the right testicle and this started a week ago we have consulted the Urologist who says its an...

doctor1 MD

I have epidydimitis since 4 months now, there is pain in scrotum , i have switched three doctors and tried so many antibitiocs( levofloxacin,...

doctor1 MD

I went to the doctor about a month ago because I had a slight ache in my left testicle. He thought it could be Epididymitis, but after doing some...

doctor1 MD

I have had Epididymitis for six weeks, three rounds of antibiotics, only hurts on the left side, swelling. I wasn't told not to have sex. I am 57...

doctor1 MD

my son who is 27 years old says that every time he stands , walks or sits up his testicles hurt like a pain on the inside and it will only go away...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with epididymitis about six weeks ago. I had several shots, and took Cipro . It seemed to be cleared up. Yesterday, pain in my...

doctor1 MD

My son an some kind of infection called Epididymitis . He has taken Ofloxacin which did not rid him of the infection. He does not have health...