What does my semen analysis report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: need to know whether my semen analysis is normal a] Liqufaction with in--1 hr. b] volume-1.5 ml. c] colour-opaque grey. 4] viscosity--viscous. 5] Reactiion--alkaline. 6] Dropping test--viscous. 7] total sperm count--2-3 motile spermatozoa seen even in centrifuged sample. 8] pus cells- 2-3/HPF. 9] RBC--absent
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Semen Analysis report needs to be in proper format.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts and report of your semen analysis that you have posted I would like to comment on your report as follow .
1) Semen Analysis report is not presented in proper format.
2) Volume ,Liquefaction time ,colour,reaction and viscosity are normal
3) As regards sperm count which is very important aspect of semen needs to be mentioned in sperms in millions per ml.Assuming that it is 2-3 millions IT is very low the normal value being 40-60- millions per ml.(Oligospermia)
4) As regards motility it should be mentioned in percentage format and what is proportion of Active grade one sperms .grade two sperms and noon motile sperms .
5) There is no mention of morphology of sperms
6) Presence of pus cells and RBC is normal

Finally I would say that you have what is called as Oligospermia.

I would suggest you to repeat Semen Analysis after due precaution of observing abstinence for 3 days prior to collecting semen and should be submitted in laboratory within 30 minutes after collection .

It should be preferably done in well reputed laboratory.

Insist for detail report

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil