What does my scan test report indicate?
My sister -in -law is 5months pregnant and latest scan report claimed to be a hole in Heart
Attached the scanned copies
Kindly suggest further course of action or any advance scanning test
It may resolve gradually
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through the description as well as the attached reports. Let me inform you that in the fetal life there is a normal connection between the two sides of heart and this closes by birth or soon after birth. So an ASD at this stage is not a concern and does not call for termination of pregnancy. I would inisist you not to be anxious and to wait and watch. Most often even if an ASD is present at birth, it closes on its own in the first year of life. Echo follow up would be needed for the same.
As of now I suggest no furthe scanning or interventions.
Thanks for clarification ,I do have few more questions
1.Tiffa has been done on 19th week ..when would be next Tiffa test
2. when would be next 2d echo test to be taken
3. As she has Sugar--does this show any effect on Kidney ,Heart and Brain
Earlier report showed kidney size is more than Normal
We are more concerned on Sugar levels and due to this any abnormality in organ growth or not and diagnose of hole in the heart
Thanks in advance
Questions answered one by one
Thanks for writing back.
Probably you did not get the essence of my previous answer. As I mentioned that the 'hole' in the heart is a part of normal development.
1. I do not see any utility of repeating the ultrasonic targeted imaging for fetal anomalies (TIFFA).
2. As I mentioned that there is a possibility for the ASD to close by birth or even in a year after the birth. An echocardiogram may be done within a few days of birth (assuming that you do not decide to terminate it earlier) and a followup echocardiogram may be done within a few months of birth.
3. Maternal high blood sugar has several negative effects on the developments of the fetus. All the effects might not be 'visible'. But there can be problems of low blood sugar initially in the child after birth. If you are keen to know the effects of maternal blood sugar on the fetus, you will get enough information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does this nt scan report indicate
- Follicular scan done what does the report indicate
- What does the scan report and liver function test indicate
- Done with uterus scan what does this report indicate
- What does the test report indicate
- What does the nt scan report results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- Got an mri scan what does this report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Got a renal scan what does this report indicate