What does my reports indicate?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My microalbumin R UR is H 6.3
Creat R UR is 58.0
Microalbumin CRT ratio is H 109

I am a type 2 diabetic
What does this mean?
.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please mention the units

Detailed Answer:

The above tests determine kidney damage which can occur in diabetes.

Please do mention the units of the values you provided there.

If not please do attach the report of the test.

Waiting for your response,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 57 minutes later
You asked for the units of measurement. The report reads as follows:

Microalbumin R UR
Microalbumin R UR. H 6.3. (0-2.0). MG/DL
Creat R UR. 58.0. MG/DL
Microalbumin CRT Ratio. H. 109. (0-30). MG/G)

Random Microalbumin interp
micro 30 to 300 MG/G
Macro greater than 300 MG/ G
I hope this gives you the information you needed to answer my question.
Would these test results indicate possible kidney damage?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need further investigation

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the values.

Yes, protein in the urine in the amounts mentioned above do indicate kidney damage.

You may have to get some more investigations to ascertain the same like Renal function test which includes serum creatinine, serum urea, blood urea nitrogen etc.

If all of these test results are out of range then a kidney biopsy to know the histopathology may be needed.