Ask a Urologist   »  

What does my prostate biopsy report indicate?

Excellent

Question

Hi - a healthcare magic doctor diagnosed this as anxiety - I wonder could it be (or also be) an infection - I did not finish my antibiotics for epididymitis (had 2 days left) when I switched to the 3 day antibiotics for my prostate biopsy. The abdominal pains started a while after that - they started off like the ones with epididymitis but in a couple days spread to all quadrants of the abdomen with some points that have an occassional sharper pain. thanks - I have copied my original question below., XXXXXXX

I was just diagnosed with low risk prostate cancer

Just before I had my prostate biopsy I got Epididymitis where I had some lower abdominal pain as well as in testicle

Around the time I got my protstate cancer diagnosis I started to get abdominal pain

At first felt like the epicidymitis in lower abdomen (not testicle pain) then it spread to all quadrants - also had some spasms in lower right quadrant

The pain is mild - but usually there some place (sometimes all quadrants but usually one or two at a time

- by morning it is almost gone

I don't think I have changes in bowel habits - stool is soft about 1 inch in diameter (at most) no sign of blood (even digging inside it) - passes easily. I go once each morning between 8 - 11 AM

I have very little gas - only occassional short farts - never long ones.

I had a pelvic and abdominal ultra sound that came back negative (except slightly enlarged prostate)

Could it be colon cancer (I have never done the stool test)

Could it be anxiety from prostate diagnosis ? Often with anxiety I get stiff neck and heart palitpitations but have none now.

What do you think?

thanks
XXXXXXX
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: What does my prostate biopsy report indicate? 3 minutes later
Sorry I forgot to mention I lost about 15 lbs in 3 or 4 months - I have been on a diet - eliminating snacks such as chocolate milk and donuts, maybe about 500 cal per day.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It rather seems to be from anxiety from the prostate diagnosis. Although anxiety can give rise to palpitations as well as stiffness in the neck, they are not mandatorily present. The mentioned details do not point towards colon cancer. You can feel free to get yourself evaluated although I doubt if that is necessary.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: What does my prostate biopsy report indicate? 22 minutes later
HI

Yes I usually get palipitations and stiff neck with anxiety.

I just went to a doctor who thinks it is Irritable Bowel Syndrome and prescribed Dicetel - I never had IBS before but maybe with the anxiety.

what do you think?

thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is another possibility to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Anxiety likely to be contributory.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a possibility to consider. However, I'd suggest trying the medicine and see whether it helps.