What does my pregnancy test report indicate?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Doc. My wife,26 years of age, last had her periods on 26th of December. She still to have periods after that. We tried to do a pregnancy test at home which was negative. Can you please suggest our further course of action? Also please provide any suggestions if you can.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your pelvic ultrasound done to rule out the cause.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting hcm about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

You should get your pelvic ultrasound to rule out the cause of your delayed menses.

As your urine pregnancy test is negative there is almost no chance of pregnancy.

There are so many causes of delayed period ,so you should get your pelvic ultrasound done to rule out the cause of delayed period.

Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.

Review with your ultrasound report.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 13 hours later
Thank you doc. We will go through the test and let you know. There was an additional symptom which I forgot to mention above. She is also experiencing a flow of milk on her breasts since some days.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:

You are always welcome.

Milk secretion from breast could be due to hormonal changes.

Prolactin is a hormone which plays a very important role in milk secretion from breast.

Thyroid hormone changes can also cause this symptoms.

So I would suggest you to get her serum prolactin levels and thyroid profile.

Pregnancy can also cause the same symptoms,so get her pelvic ultrasound done.

Good luck.

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 32 hours later
Hello Doc. Attached is the pelvis ultra sound report. Please let us know if this suffices. Want to know your thoughts on this.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to hormonal changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Sorry for such a long delay in my response.
I have seen your report and in my opinion you should wait and watch for your menses.

Endometrial thickness of 11 mm could be due to hormonal disturbances means estrogen prime endometrium.

If pregnancy is less than 5 weeks endometrial thickness is 11mm.

So you should wait and watch for your menses for 7 days, if not resume than repeat your test.

Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 22 hours later
Thanks Doc. Is there axa x
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
I am always there for you if you have any questions.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 20 minutes later
Are there any other tests to confirm the pregnancy? There are symptoms which point towards it (since these were the same ones during my 1st child). Just eager sincewe donot want to go for a 2nd child currently.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should get your blood beta hcg testing done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

You should get your blood beta hcg testing to rule out pregnancy.

Please review with your report.

Good luck.