question-icon

What does my pelvic scan test report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 21 Sep 2015
Question: Hello Doctor, Today I got a pelvic scan and doctor has told that my endrometrium thickness was 4.6 mm, I am in my 10th day of cycle doctor said thickness was not good. I am undergoing IVF procedure and I want to know if any medicines will help increase the thickness. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Estrogens are used to enhance the endometrial thickness.

Detailed Answer:

As IVF is planned, your doctor will take all precautions to make the endometrium receptive. It is true that the present endometrial thickness is insufficient, but, estrogens are usually given during the preovulatory phase to enhance the endometrial thickness. L-arginine, vitamin E and triptorelin are some other treatments available at the time of embryo transfer and ovum pickup.

If ovulation occurs normally despite the thin endometrium, ovum retrieval is done as planned and estrogens are later given as required to time the implantation.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN