• question-icon

What does my mammography test report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 in Lump
Question: Dear Dr. I had a mammography done and the results showed normal but with other findings: Bilateral axillary of uncertain clinical significance. What does this mean, should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please post the full report.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/ - mammography normal for breasts but shows other findings - Bilateral axillary of uncertain clinical significance.

Please post the full report for me to read and understand making it easy for me to
comment upon.
Was ultrasonography also done?

Awaiting for the full reports.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 17 hours later
Thanks Dr. Chandrakant. I have attached all the reports included the lab works that led to the recommendation for scans to be done.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult Onco-Surgeon for early proper diagnosis and for a plan of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback and reports.
Since the tumor markers are raised and the ultrasonography of the abdomen shows finding of a mass at the kidney and the uterus shows bulky with multiple fibroid and the mammography shows axillary nodes you need a further evaluation and treatment.
Axillary nodes of uncertain clinical significance means there is no definite pathology that the Radiologist can attribute the enlargement to.
Ultrasonography, FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) and if required the excision biopsy may be needed.

The best way would be to consult a Onco-surgeon to get the certain diagnosis t the earliest to decided the plan of further management.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome.
You may please rate this answer before closure of the discussion and can certainly contact me on the bellow link in future, whenever you may need me.
http://bit.ly/askdrtchandrakant
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon