What does my lung scan report indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I had a lung scan and it came back with a benign appearing 4mm nodule on my lungs explain further
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload the entire report? Any previous scans? Smoking? Other symptoms?

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks so much for this query.

I understand a lung nodule can be of huge concern to you. Before we start to panic about this, we should get a full things straight.

1. Do you have any recent scans for comparison?
2. Upload the entire report for review. To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

3. Do you have any other symptoms like cough? Difficulties breathing? weight loss?

4. Were you a smoker or do you smoke?

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.

Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
the only report was benign appearing 4mm nodule quit smoking 10 years ago smoked for 50 years not short of breath not coughing or coughinh very much very active feel very good not losing weight
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
A follow up Xray in 3-6months would do!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this follow up precision.

I will suggest that you stay calm and monitor this nodule with follow up CT scan in 3-6months. The nature was defined as benign and without the absence of any other symptoms such as night fevers, weight loss, loss of appetite, etc. makes it less concerning and doesn't raise the fear of cancer at this time. Monitoring will help us make the exact and right calls.

Keep me posted on how you feel about this plan and the monitoring. If there are any further concerns, kindly let me know of so that we can exchange on them as well.