What does my liver test report indicate?
not normal values
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
All of the results are above the normal range.
GGT range is 0 to 30 (may vary slightly from one lab to the next)
AST range is 8 to 40 in females (Again slight lab to lab variation is possible)
ALT range is 20 to 60 , with possible variations
Increase in these values can occur with liver disease or can also be affected by conditions outside of the liver.
GGT- liver disease,
cholestasis- where there is a problem with the flow of bile eg due to an obstruction of the bile ducts
some autoimmune diseases
thyroid disease (high thyroid hormone levels)
AST and alt can also be elevated due to liver or non liver causes.
ALT : Non liver causes are alcohol use, heart or kidney disease, muscle injury
Thyroid disease can also rarely affect both AST and ALT.
The ultrasound would take a look at the liver to see if there is any issues with the liver but you would need additional testing such as: (1) bilirubin levels- would be elevated in cholestasis
(2)full blood count, thyroid function tests, ESR (to check for inflammation in the body eg autoimmune diseases
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes these abnormal liver test
- What comprises liver function tests
- What does the scan report and liver function test indicate
- What does the following liver functioning test report mean
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does these liver test reports indicate
- What does my liver function test indicate
- Liver function test done what does the report indicate
- What is ggtp in liver function test
- I am having fatty liver with abnormal liver test report