• question-icon

What does my lithotripsy result report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I just had Lithotripsy for a couple of big stones in my left Kidney. In my 10 day follow up I still had some gravel so I am tipping and am passing small specs. which I have recovered for analysis. I have frequent unrination and my urine smells like burned almonds almost as if someone was grilling nearby. I have no energy or appetite. on May 18th my glucose was 119 and A1c 6.2 I have to rest after working for about an hour. I have just returned the first week of May from sea level to where I live at 6,500'. I sleep with 2 liters of 02 and a sleep apnea machine. My fatigue level requires me to lay down 2 or 3 times a day. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
UTI needs management and supportive care.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. This smell in urine and increased frequency is urinary tract infection to which renal stones are predisposing factors. You need urine analysis and culture and empiric antibiotics for this suspected UTI. Drink plenty of fluids so that this sludge after lithotripsy clears by flushing. Rest of the symptoms of fatigue and lethargy could be the sequelae of this as well as recent climate change which you will acclimitize to soon in a couple of days.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan