• question-icon

What does my lipid profile test report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi doc,

I am 30 yr old male.I was feeling pain on left side of chest.I had my 2d echo, stress test and ecg and also had my lipid profile testall where negative . I was told you are having anxiety.I was taking anxiety tablets,I was feeling good so stop taking the tablet.Now all of sudden I am feeling like fainting and also headache .Sometimes I feel breathless n my heart rate increases.

I don't understand what to do.Is this anxiety or something else.

Please help me
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it's aniexty only not a cardiac problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

First of all I want to tell you that you don't have any cardiac issue as all your basic diagnostic tests were normal.

Feeling dizzy with headache fast heart rate and breathing difficulties are very well known symptoms of ANXIETY or PANIC DISORDER. Dear it was a mistake that you stopped taking your meds abruptly due to that your symptoms have flared up back.

Now what you need to do is to personally consult your psychiatrist and start the medicines again as advised by him as early possible.

Also start practicing MEDITATION yoga for mental relaxation.

I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 14 hours later
Hi Doc,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I am taking tablets like betacap 20, Rexipra and depranax suggested by psychiatrist.
Are there any side effects of this tablet??

I had my 2d echo ,stress test and lipid profile test in dec.Do i need to check every year in order to check if i am fit or not??

I am doing meditation and yoga.Apart from that any way for reducing anxiety.

Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
As such there are no significant side effects associated with these if you continue to take the medicines as advised by your treating doctor.

Mild headache with nausea and constipation can be experienced sometimes.

At the age of 30 with no risk factor there is no need to get these tests done yearly. You can get them done every 2 years.

Apart from yoga and meditation if you still feel stress and anxious then you can talk with your psychiatrist regarding this and he will guide you for any anxiety reducing techniques.

I hope this information will answer your query. If you have any more doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist