What does my lipid profile test indicate?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,

I have got my Lipid Profile test as per my skin specialist. I am attaching my latest report for your reference. Please suggest as my skin specialist is not in town I can't show it to him, before he comes back I thought of asking you about the report result.

Please Help!

Thanks
xxxxxXXXXXXX
00000000000
Follow up: Dr. Yogesh D 2 minutes later
here is the report attached
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry. Regular exercise.

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for posting your query here.

I have gone through your attached report and understand your concern.

Your lipid profile is essentially normal. HDL cholesterol (We call it good cholesterol), is slightly on the lower side. HDL cholesterol levels will remain in desirable range of 50 to 80 mg/dl if you exercise regularly.

LDL cholesterol is inching towards the upper limit, again indicating that you do not exercise.

This will reduce if you start exercising. LDL cholesterol is bad cholesterol, so it should be less (around 100 is desirable).

Start exercising regularly, these two readings will automatically come back to normal in two to 3 months time. To maintain them in the normal range, you should continue exercise throughout life.

I hope this answers your query, please do write back to me if you have any additional concerns.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina