What does my lipid profile test indicate?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Good evening . I am a 37 white, male. I am 5'11" and weigh around 195lbs. I'm very worried right now concerning my A1C and ALT test results. I just got my results back yesterday and am working out of town so I can't get into my GP's office for another week. I'm worrying myself sick right now but HOPE I'm being overreactive. I know my cholesterol is out of wack but I know I can wait to see my doctor and work that out. I'm just really worried about my liver and A1C levels. Are these levels cause for EXTREME WORRY AND IMMEDIATE ACTION? Your thoughts are extremely appreciated sir. Below are my test results:

CHOL: 267 mg/dl
TRIG: 227 mg/dl
HDL: 38 mg/dl
LDL: 184 mg/dl
CH/HDL: 7.0
LDL/HDL: 4.8
A1C%: 6.0%
MBG: 112 mg/dl
NA: 141 mmol/L
K:4.7 mmol/L
CL: 105 mmol/L
CO2: 27 mmol/L
ANGAP: 14 mmol/L
GLUC: 104 mg/dl
BUN: 14 mg/dl
CREA: 1.1 mg/dl
eGFR: >60ml/min/1.73 m2
eGFR: >60ml/min/1.73 m2
BUN/CR: 13
ALP: 77 U/L
CA: 9.6 mg/dl
AST: 33 U/L
ALT: 75 U/L
TBIL: 1.1 mg/dl
TP: 7.4 g/dl
ALB: 4.2 g/dl
GLOB: 3.2 g/dl
A/GRAT: 1
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be worried....

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Now I am interpreting you your test results, and you will understand that there is nothing to be worried.

-Your cholesterol is high but this is not something new, I am sure that in last three months it would be high . So as you mentioned it can wait.
-HbAIC or AIC is indicative of sugar level in past 2-3 months, and your result is within normal.
-ALT is indicative of hepatic damage and it is mildly elevated.
It may be caused from high cholesterol and fatty liver. When you turn back you will perform abdominal ultrasound. There is nothing urgent and nothing to be worried.
I would advice stop drinking alcohol and avoid fatty foods, increase your physical activity.
So , there is Nothing to be worried, consult your GP when you come back.
Wishing you all the best
Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: What does my lipid profile test indicate? 9 hours later
Does the drug Lexapro tend to increase ALT levels? Ive been on 10mg's for 5-6 years. I havent drank hardly any alcohol in about a year.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lexapro can be a possible cause...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for following up.

If you did not drink hardly any alcohol in about a year, then, Lexapro remains on the major factors causing high ALT levels. At this point, I advise to consult with psychiatrist to:
- modify the dose
- change therapy

All the best!
Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: What does my lipid profile test indicate? 7 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are wellcome

Detailed Answer:
hi
you are wellcome

all the best

Dr. klerida