What does my laparoscopy test report indicate?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: hi i had a laparoscopy for endometriosis done Tuesday and i was very confused after surgery. Now i have just seen my medical file online and wonder what it means exactly. It says they found endometriosis around left sacrouterine ligament which was removed. but where is that exactly ?and then it says i had a large piece around my peritoneum going out to the middle of my right sacrouterine ligament. but this they couldnt remove and my doctor said something about it was to close to some nerves ? but what kind of nerves.hope you can help
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sacrouterine ligament is present in recto-uterine fold.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) Sacrouterine ligament is a fibrous fascial band on each side of the uterus that passes along the lateral wall of the pelvis from the uterine cervix to the sacrum and that serves to support the uterus and hold it in place. It is situated in recto-uterine fold.

2) The Pelvic splanchnic nerves are present on the top of the ligament. It is very close in relation.

Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and take care.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 11 minutes later
Ok and is it normal that removing it from this place is diffecult
Answered by Dr. S Patra 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Quite difficult.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back again.

Yes, it is quite difficult to remove this ligament from this place (recto-uterine fold). However, you shouldn't be worried about this as your doctor has done the job in right way as much as possible.

Hope, it helps to clear confusion. Good luck and take care.