What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question:
My father got a heart attack on 16th nov we though it was acidity and latee when the pain agreevated we came to the hospital by the time we wasted 5 hours . Doc went for angiography and quickly for angioplasty to fix the 100%blockages but still the report says there is an artery which is 90%blocked. Doc has not taken him out of iccu even today. He experienced chest heaviness and litte pain amd heavy acidity vomitting post the surgery meaning the next day.

Now my query is his heart rate is fluctualting amd it shows always above 95 and at timea it goes to 110 as well.

Doc has given today palnep and cardivas to cure that but till now as well his heart rate has nkt reduced .
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Heart rate will settle down

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I understand your concern for your father's health and I would like to tell you that as of now heart is not a matter of concern as after an heart attack usually the rate goes high in order to maintain the cardiac output thereby compensating for the areas of heart muscles which are functioning less.

So don't worry it will settle down within a couple of days.

The other important things which we should be concerned about are what's his heart function after attack (how much is the current LVEF on echocardiography).

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards.
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D