• question-icon

    What does my lab test report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have had pages of symptoms and seen many specialists, each finding minor problems that they say are not the root cause, but odd test results...I was non-functioning for 7 yrs. I think, most have cleared, but others replace them
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be SLE

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query with keen interest and feel sorry for your suffering and inability of treating doctors in treating the problem adequately.

Many of the symptoms mentioned in the query can be explained on the basis of renal pathology and presence of ANA positive in middle aged female strongly suggests possibility of autoimmune disorder including systemic lupus erythematous (SLE).

In my opinion you need to contact a rheumatologist or immunologist (some countries have this speciality). In case your treating doctor retracting doctor after years of diagnosis I feel taking a second opinion from the same speciality doctor should be undertaken.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3157 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ashok Kumar
  • Q - How to have a successful sexual intercourse?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for OCD

  • Q - Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?

  • Q - What causes sensitivity to sun light?

  • Q - Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction

  • Q - Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin

  • Q - Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

  • Q - How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?

  • Q - What causes erectile dysfuntion?