What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: recently received my lab test results back from a blood panel and would like to talk to I think a urologist to help interpret please.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes please send the lab reports to assist you further

Detailed Answer:

I'm Dr.Albana here to assist you further.

Please provide the lab results and I'd do my best to help.

Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 23 hours later
My HSV 1 test results were 15.30 (H) I have learned that this is herpes - what more can you tell me. Do I need to get shots ? I likely got it from kissing - is that correct? What else can I do going forward to offset the possible effects of it. etc. etc.

Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
HSV-1 is a common infection of lips,mouth...treatment/prevention as follows

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Thank you for providing additional information.

HSV-1 infection is very common and usually is benign. Yes, it is true that transmission is possible through kissing, sharing eating utensils, personal items like razors, and of course oral sex.

Once you have hsv-1 infection, most likely it will come back and have again.

Preventive measures include:
- avoid kissing people with visible sores on lips, mouth
- wash your hands frequently
- do not share your personal items
- trying to reduce stress level can also help

With regards to treatment, there is no cure. Antivirals can be used to speed up recovery and to avoid further outbreak.

Once again, although it can occur quite often, it is not serious and won't cause serious problems.

Hope it answered to your questions.
Let me know if you have more queries.

Dr.Albana