What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Sir,
My Grand son,age 5 years,was feeling difficulty in viewing letters on black board in school and was advised to consult an ophthalmologist.Today,on consultation,Doctor diagnosed High Myopia,number nearly minus 5,final will be given after a test.The prescription/report is attached.As per doctor,his eye ball is not in round shape but elliptical.He said,surgery can be done after attaining the age of 18 years. I am worried for him.Kindly advise.
thanks

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Myopia

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Since we do not know the exact power as yet,still there is myopia.This needs correction. The glasses will have will have to be changed every year.The surgery if has to be done decisions will be taken after the child has crossed 21years of age.We have to keep a watch over progression of power and all you can do is to take care of general health and nutrition of child.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad